Here are a few things you should know about our dog-friendly holiday rental at Arisaig:
- Bookings are currently Friday to Friday. Check in is 4pm and check-out is 10am.
- Check-in is self check-in.
- There is plenty of room for parking cars and small vans in the drive. There is no street parking as it sits on a one-track lane. Please enquire if you would like to bring a larger vehicle as this may not be possible.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome, but we ask that you do not allow them on the furniture or leave them unsupervised.
- Cows from two neighbouring crofts regularly come to graze in a field in front of the house and another next to the garage. If you are visiting with dogs, please consider if this is a suitable set-up for your dog. There are also well-behaved dogs next door which you may see from time to time and hens and roosters may also wander across from the neighbouring farm.
- The maximum number of guests is six (not including infants.) We don’t charge per guest but we do need to know in advance how many guests will be arriving. The sixth bed is a folding bed, so more suited to children.
- Recharging electric vehicles from the house is not permitted. A charging station is available in Arisaig.
- It is not permitted to erect a tent on the site nor is it permitted to have extra guests staying in a camper van or similar.
- We recommend you take out travel insurance in case of late cancellation.
- Although there is a fireplace, we do not currently allow fires for safety reasons. Candles should be used with care, on flat surfaces and never unattended.
- There is a selection of board games and jigsaws as well as a few books and crayons available for your use.
- There is a great second hand book shop in Mallaig and a book exchange in Arisaig. New books of local interest are available in Arisaig.
- To get around the area, you really need a car or bike unless you’re an avid walker.
- For non-Scots – the weather is changeable so layers works best for clothing.
- We don’t expect you to strip your bed or do other chores but we do ask that the general waste and recycling bins are used accordingly.
- We always appreciate feedback and ideas on how to improve our guests’ experience.
- Finally, Arisaig is a beautiful area and you can find lots of information on what to do and see on our website Everything Arisaig.
Arisaig self catering pet friendly accommodation – Back of Keppoch holiday home